Re: apt-get mysql-server

On Friday 10 November 2006 15:46, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> if you used apt-get with the above sources, you couldnt install version
> 5. So it must have been a download from maybe backports.org or someother
> location. Thats my guess. You can certainly try to remove any mysql
> software and then reinstall version 4.1 from sarge, if that is what you
> wnat.
> Cheers,
> Kev

Kev,

Thanks again. Yes, I was wondering how I got 5 on the first server and kept
searching for the answer. It didn't occur to me until I read your reply that
I may have downloaded the deb packages for 5 myself. Rooting around the first
server I found them. This is how my whole day has gone. I should have stayed
home. :)

Thanks,
Tom