Re: Boot problem

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 12:14:27PM +0000, Roelof Wobben wrote:
From: Roelof Wobben <rwobben@hotmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Boot problem
	LDOSUBSCRIBER,MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER autolearn=no version=3.0.3

Oke,

I understand how to fix it.

But can't i be done with the boot-only cd from Sarge.
I have used this one to download and install Sarge.

I want to use lilo instead of grub.

My system is almost the same as yours:

1e hdd Windows and Debian

2e hdd Debian

To boot on the first hdd I set the bios to: A C ...
with lilo is in the mbr of the first hdd but in your case you keep the
boot loader of windows.

To boot on the second hdd I set the bios to: D CDROM ... with such
lilo.conf:

lba32
disk=/dev/hdb
bios=0x80
boot=/dev/hdb
root=/dev/hdb1
# install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
bitmap=/usr/share/lilo/sid.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0,2,,0
bmp-table=120p,173p,1,15,17
bmp-timer=254p,432p,1,0,0
install=bmp

# delay=1000
timeout=2000
# message=/boot/bootmess.txt
prompt
vga=normal

I run /sbin/lilo and so lilo is in the mbr of the second hdd.

This method is painful that I must set the bios to change from one hdd
to another, but in other hand if one hdd failed I can use the other.

hth.

--
Gérard