Re: Continuing internet oddities

* H.S. (hs.samix@gmail.com) wrote:

> Does the same 'blackout' period occur on your computer when  your wife's
> laptop is also connected to the linksys router? Or does it occur only
> when your computer is ON.

Initially I noticed this when her computer was not being used or was
completely shut down.  A few days ago she was online doing some
surfing when I suffered one of the blackouts, and I took the
opportunity to ask her about what was going on for her.  She was
having no trouble at all though and continued to surf and download
pages even when I was getting no response at all.

> And during that blackout period, does pinging 4.2.2.2 not work? 4.2.2.2
> is, IIRC, a public nameserver by Yahoo. If pinging this works during
> that time, then you have a nameserver problem, if it doesn't then you
> have a connection or other networking problem.

Okay, the next chance I get I will try this out.  Since I had never
heard of this I could only try pinging things like google by name, and
got no result.  I imagine that would be expected if I had nameserver
difficulty.  If it turns out I can ping 4.2.2.2 how will I then
address my problem?

Many thanks,

Patrick