Re: GRUB and +2TiB disk

El 10/11/2006, a las 7:57, Mike Dresser escribió:

Grub cannot boot from a gpt type partition table, and MSDOS style cannot handle over 2 TiB... I have a 15x300 array with the same problem, I ended up putting a 128 meg CF card on a CF to IDE adapter, and using that as /boot.

I have found this patch for GRUB that supports GTP partitions... I have not tested because I will left LILO.

http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-grub@gnu.org/msg10632.html

> I'm surprised lilo worked at all.

Yes.. I'm wondering too.. but it's true:

(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-6198751.000 megabytes
Disk label type: gpt
Minor    Start       End     Filesystem  Name                  Flags
1          0.017     95.384  ext3
2         95.384   2002.733  linux-swap
3       2002.733   6771.105  ext3
4       6771.105 6198750.983  ext3

And I have only one disk and LILO is installed on it, perhaps this version supports GPT disks.. 0:)

Regards,

--
Santi Saez