GRUB and +2TiB disk

Hello,

I'm trying to install GRUB in a server with a 3ware 9550SXU-16 RAID card. There is a unique RAID-5 array formed by 15 SATA disk and one for hotspare, the total array size it's near 6TiB. This is the partition scheme:

/dev/sda1	ext3	100MB	/boot
/dev/sda2	swap	2GB	n/a
/dev/sda3	ext3	5GB	/

The rest of the disk is still unused, I'm making some benchmarks with some filesystems..

This is the output of parted "print" command (fdisk doesn't work with disks bigger than 2TiB..):

(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-6198751.000 megabytes
Disk label type: gpt
Minor    Start       End     Filesystem  Name                  Flags
1          0.017     95.384  ext3
2         95.384   2002.733  linux-swap
3       2002.733   6771.105  ext3

Now the machine boots with the help of LILO 22.6.1-6.2 and kernel 2.6.16-2, but I'm interested to install GRUB. I have make some test with oficial Sarge GRUB version (0.95), from Backports packages (0.97) and compiling from the CVS.. and all of them give the same error:

# grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sda
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
The file /boot/grub/stage1 not read correctly.

More test from the GRUB shell:

grub> root (hd0,0)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xee

grub> setup (hd0)
Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition

More tests with "find" command:

grub> find /grub/stage1
Error 15: File not found

grub> find /etc/passwd
Error 15: File not found

Googling I have searched that this is a GRUB bug/feature.. and it can't handle disks bigger than 2TiB..

http://grub.enbug.org/KnownBugs

It's correct? It's not possible to install GRUB in this machine? ;-(

--
Santi Saez