Re: Mailman with Apache 2 on Sarge

Thanks Sven,

With your help I was able to sort out my Apache problems. I've been
able to get the web interface working nicely, but now the mail is not
functioning correctly. I've set it up with Postfix using directions in
README.Debian and README.POSTFIX. The Postfix logs are telling me that
the e-mail is getting sent to the proper command through the aliases
(In this particular case, I'm trying to subscribe by sending an e-mail
to mailman-subscribe), but the owner doesn't receive an e-mail and
neither does the subscriber (I've set the list up to send confirmation
to the user).

I've checked /var/log/mailman/smtp-failures, and I'm getting the
following errors:

Nov 09 11:13:15 2006 (20371) delivery to mailman-owner@mydomain.mytld
failed with code -1: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
Nov 09 11:13:15 2006 (20371) Low level smtp error: (-2, 'Name or
service not known'), msgid:
<mailman.1.1163088164.20368.mailman@lists.mydomain.mytld>

I've been reading through the Mailman FAQs and have tried several of
the interactive python tests, and I've had no problem sending e-mail as
the list user. I'll try sending a subscription e-mail using this
method, but as far as I can tell the Postfix server is receiving and
delivering the mail to the proper command.

What kind of troubleshooting can I do on /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman?
Any other problems I should look for?