Re: Mailman with Apache 2 on Sarge

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 05:35:44AM -0800, SAJChurchey wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to install mailman 2.1.5-8sarge5 onto a system with apache2
> 2.0.54-5 and postfix 2.1.5-9. I've scoured the internet for HOWTOs on
> how to set this up, and either they do not work with this version of
> Debian, or I'm missing something because I can't seem to get an install
> to behave as it should.  Right now, I can't get the web interface to
> come up on apache2. We're using VirtualHosts
>
> Does anybody know of a detailed guide on setting this up with debian
> sarge?
There are quite a few docs in /usr/share/doc/mailman/ explaining the
pitfalls for Debian users with the various MTAs avaible.

> ScriptAlias     /mailman/       /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
> Alias           /pipermail/     /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
ok.

> <Directory "/var/lib/mailman">
>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>         AllowOverride AuthConfig
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
> </Directory>
Options FollowSymlinks
should be enough for this directory option. Oh and I'm not sure
about the double-quotes. AFAIK they're not needed donno if they
do some harm.

[ ... ]
IMHO the rest is not needed but that might depend on your general
setup.

You might need to tweak a few things in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py
aswell so that the links in the webform fit to the VirtualHost
you're using.

Would be nice to know what your apache tells you if you try
to access http://yourlistdomain/mailman/listinfo

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive