Re: apache 2 php5 issue

rocky wrote:
Hey,

In my Debian sid box I installed apache2, PHP5, libapache-mod-php5
without any problem.  But I could not even view the html file saved in
/var/www. Though http://localhost redirects me to
http://localhost/apache2-default/ and the browser says "It Works". I've
a2enmod php5 and restared the apache2. Can any of you give me an hint
on how to make my apache server works fine please? Below are the
packages I installed. Thanks in advance!

Check to see that your .php extension setup in httpd.conf isn't commented out still in the MIME types.

There was a properly set up example in one of my boxes I set up, but it was commented out even after the installation of all the appropriate PHP5 packages for apache2.

Just search for "php" in the conf file, you'll see it if it's in there.

Nate