Re: apache 2 php5 issue

On Nov 9, 12:50 pm, Nate Duehr <n...@natetech.com> wrote:
> rocky wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> > In my Debian sid box I installed apache2, PHP5, libapache-mod-php5
> > without any problem.  But I could not even view the html file saved in
> > /var/www. Thoughhttp://localhostredirects me to
> >http://localhost/apache2-default/and the browser says "It Works". I've
> > a2enmod php5 and restared the apache2. Can any of you give me an hint
> > on how to make my apache server works fine please? Below are the
> > packages I installed. Thanks in advance!Check to see that your .php extension setup in httpd.conf isn't
> commented out still in the MIME types.
>
> There was a properly set up example in one of my boxes I set up, but it
> was commented out even after the installation of all the appropriate
> PHP5 packages for apache2.
>
> Just search for "php" in the conf file, you'll see it if it's in there.
>
> Nate
>
> --

Hey Nate, Thanks very much for your reply!  Can any of you post your
working http.conf file here please? Below is mine, It is empty.
# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
#
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

I appended 'LoadModule php5  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so' to
the file but with /etc/init.d/restart apache2 it tells me "Forcing
reload of web server (apache2)...apache2: Syntax error on line 189 of
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 8 of
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `php5' in
file /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: php5  failed!".
Then I delete the line I just added and did /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
and it gives me the below warning " Forcing reload of web server
(apache2)...httpd (no pid file) not running
."

Can any of you give me some hint to solve the problem please? Thanks in
advance! Rocky