Re: Trend Micro Interscan VirusWall 6 on Debian Sarge

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 06:03:16PM +0100, Mathias Tauber wrote:
> >> <...
> >> Error
> >> Unable to process request. Insufficient disk space. Increase available disk
> >> space and try again.
> >> ....>
> >>
> >> On the hard drive we have about 20gb free space, so this shouldn't be the
> >> problem (the installer itself checks if there's about 2gb free space
> >> anyway).
> >
> > I do not know anything about Trend Micro Interscan VirusWall. However, what
> > does the output of df say? You might have 20 GB of free space on the hard
> > drive, but what is the amount of free space on the partition that you are
> > trying to install this software?
>
> Kamaraju,
>
> of course there's enough space on the partition. Sorry for the confusing
> text. I even tried to run the software on a one partition debian
> installation (also about 20gb free on the complete partition), same result.
>
> Thanks for the hint.

Hi Mathias
You and I think that the program is confused. But it is obtaining the
information by some method. If you could determine what code does this,
it could be either fixed or bypassed. Is the source available? If so,
what languge? Other than that somehow using strace may locate what it is
trying to check to satisfy its space needs. Also, maybe there is a
configuration that will turn off this setting or a configuration that
needs to be set to tell it where to check for space.
Cheers,
Kev