Re: pci_set_power_state reasserting SOLVED

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
Since upgrading to the latest kernel 2.6.18-1-k7 during an apt-get upgrade from Sid I have received the following message hat scrolls on my virtual terms and is logged in kern.log.

Any idea of a fix for this or what it means?

Nov 3 06:27:00 Dam-Main kernel: pci_set_power_state(): 0000:01:09.0: state=3, current state=5

Nov  3 10:58:38 Dam-Main last message repeated 120 times

Well, it was the gnome app system monitor, but only the Network activity indicator. I noticed that when booting into gui, the F1 term did not start the errors until some way into the desktop (in this case gnome). I never noticed the errors before becuse I ran XFCE4. I started closing toolbar toys one at a time until the messages went away. It stopped when I removed system monitor, but came back after I put it back AND enabled network monitoring. It is 100% reproducible on demand. Ergo, Gnome apps>system monitor>network monitoring.

I thinks I need to file a bug report. Ahem, I have not done this before. Anybody care to give a pointer?

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com