Re: linux-image-2.6.16 not able to purge?

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 06:20, Deephay wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Pollywog <linux-debian@shadypond.com> wrote:

> > > I'm using Sid and can't purge the 2.6.17 kernel, for what that's worth.
> > > I get the same error message (code 128).
> >
> > Yes I had the same problem.  I was about to make a fake package to remove
> > 2.6.16 but then I noticed that I somehow removed and purged it.  I don't
> > know what finally did the trick.
>
> could you tell me the procedure? thanks!

Download the 'equivs' package and then go to /usr/share/doc/equivs/ and you
will find in that directory some sample control scripts.  Use one of those
and edit it so that it pertains to the package you are trying to remove.
Then do
equivs-build ns-control
   assuming you named the control script "ns-control"

The README in /usr/share/doc/equivs explains how it is done.

Then install the resulting deb package and then remove it.

If that does not work you might have to edit one of the files that tracks
which packages are installed.