Re: cable modem connection slower then dial up

Ok.  It seems that the internet is extremely fast when I use Mozilla
and extremely slow when I use Konqueror.  I am still unable to telnet
www.google.com 80 .... get /.
> I've seen your ping results. Better than
> my probes.
> To debug this issue, power down all devi-
> ces. Computers, router, modem. Power up
> modem, then router, wait to get ip address,
> then boot boxes. Check router configuration.
> Try with linux only. Change cable for debian
> box. Check routing table on debian.

None of this helped.  Newbie here.  How do I check the routing table?

> For next mail, send details on router type,
> model. Dhcp, static addresses. Any rules
> on this router? Arp and route data. Default
> route. Traceroute to somewhere. Post to the
> list some info.

Gigafast Ethernet router,  Model: ee400-r.  I'm not sure, but I don't
think I have static addresses.  Again, Newbie here.  No clue on rules,
Arp, rout data, default rout, traceroute.  I'm gonna google for this
stuff, but any help is appreciated.