Re: cable modem connection slower then dial up

On 06/11/06, Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.co.yu> wrote:
> I have a cable modem connected to a router that connects to a Windows
> XP machine and my Debian linux machine.  Internet on the Windows XP
> machine is extremely fast and the Debian machine is slower than dial up
> (no joke! night and day difference!)  What is wrong with the Debian
> machine?

Forgive me for jumping in like this. I have no idea what the original querier's problem is, save the quotation above. Given that, I wish to state the following:

I too had this problem. I got rid of dhcp, chucked the /etc/resolv.conf file's content and let pppoeconf do the rest. This may be an over-simplification; in my defence, I cite my preamble.

Perhaps that will help.

Cheers.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.