Re: C++ exception handling question

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:42:06AM -0500, Allan Wind wrote:
> On 2006-11-05T21:02:33-0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > My code does not have the string 'Killed' in it anywhere, so I suppose
> > this comes from some place in the C/C++ libraries.  The string "caught
> > ...!!!" never appears in the output, nor does the string " After
> > catch.".
>
> You program (probably) received the SIGKILL signal, and your shell
> reported that fact to you.  Signals are deal with using signal handlers
> (and not expections), howeer this particular signal cannot be handled or
> ignored.

It's the last-ditch process-kill signal that gets used among other
things to kill a process that is no longer able to run.

I find I get it when I completely totally run out of stack space.
At that point it can't call a signal handler because it has no more
stack space to do it in.

There are probably other ways it can be invoked.

-hendrik