Re: Video in mozilla/firefox

Mark Grieveson schreef:

> Do you have mozplugger installed?  That might help.  Also, if your
> machine is low on resources, using mplayer-nogui, instead of mplayer,
> can help (it uses less resources, I think).
>
> Mark

Mozplugger did not help. The machine is not low on resources.
With some sites (like cnn) changing the display to full-screen
helps (after the fragment starts playing, I can switch back
to the "window" view and then it keeps playing); with others, I
keep getting this maddening pattern of 1/3 of a second of play
(with a burst of sound) which keeps repeating.

On nos.nl (Dutch public broadcasting) some links open a video
which is part of the page. This works fine. Other links open a
separate window which is supposed to show things (e.g. the news),
and this does not work. The "cnn trick" (first changing to
full-screen) does not work in the case of nos.nl.

So sometimes video works, sometimes it does not; very confusing.

Regards, Jan