Re: Video in mozilla/firefox

This may be a very old FAQ, and if so, my apologies.

For several months now, I have been unable to watch video streams
from most sites (including e.g. cnn.com) using mozilla/firefox +
mozilla-mplayer. The stream seems to connect, plays for about 1/3
of a second, then stops, then starts all over again, does the same
thing.

Do you have mozplugger installed? That might help. Also, if your machine is low on resources, using mplayer-nogui, instead of mplayer, can help (it uses less resources, I think).

Mark