Re: Exim4 and clamav not working

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 08:22:13AM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:39:47PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >
> > FTR, this is what I did for testing and have never bothered to change:
> >
> > warn malware = *
> >      message = WARNING! Virus! ($malware_name)
> >
> I tried this just as you are using it to no avail. It just looks like
> clamav is looking for messages in the wrong place. Any ideas?

can you watch it with top and see if clam is getting called at all?
you should see clam cpu usage spike a bit. also do you have any clam
logs?

I"m stumped. Its probably something annoyingly obvious like maybe a
typo.

Have you checked to see that the clamd socket exists
(/var/run/clamav/clam.ctl?)?

umm....

what I don't know is whether there is a way to manually connect to
clamd say by piping a message to it or something like that. THat might
be helpful, but wouldn't know how.

sorry, no help