Re: Exim4 and clamav not working

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:39:47PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 01:16:45PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If there is a better list for this question please let me know. I am
> > trying to get exim4, spamassassin and clamav happily working together
> > with a minimum amount of additional packages added on a Debian Etch
> > system with all updates current. Basically I have installed exim4-heavy,
> > sa-exim, spamassassin and the clamav packages. I am using the
> > /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl socket and have that configured in both the
> > clam.conf and in the /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options.
>
> does this mean you have a line like this?
>
> av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

Yes I have that line in both clam.conf and
/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options.

> > Clamav has been added to the Exim-debian group the
> > AllowSupplementaryGroups option is in clam.conf. The scan directory
> > /var/spool/exim4/scan has the following permissions drwxrwx--- and has
> > owner.group of Debian-exim. This is in
> > /etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/40_exim4-config_check_data file:
> >
> > deny  message = This message contains a virus: ($malware_name) please
> > scan your system.
> >          demime = *
> >          malware = *
>
> I don't know much about this, so salt accordingly: isn't deny and
> demime contradictory? How can you demime a message that you have
> denied? just a thought, maybe its causing the rule to be ignored.
>
> FTR, this is what I did for testing and have never bothered to change:
>
> warn malware = *
>      message = WARNING! Virus! ($malware_name)

I tried this just as you are using it to no avail. It just looks like
clamav is looking for messages in the wrong place. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM
advertised OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from