Re: archives are not threaded across months

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 05:56:03PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Hi all
>     I was browsing the d-u archives recently and found a weird behavior. Say I
> go to http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/10/msg03693.html
> In the bottom of this page where it says "Next by thread", the link points to
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/10/msg03708.html . Once I go to this
> second link, at the bottom of the page there is no "Next by thread" link.
> However, the actual thread does not end there. The next message in this
> thread is http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/11/msg00050.html . Why are
> the archives not threaded across months? Is this a bug which should be
> reported?

It looks like you are right that its not threading across
months. Whether this is a bug or feature, who knows. Personally, I'd
like to see it thread across months, but don't know what work that
involves. If YOU think it should thread across months then I'd file a
bug report or ask on the appropriate list (debian-www?).