Re: erading MS word files

Hi Ferenc,
On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:44:39PM +0100, Nyizsnyik Ferenc wrote:
> I might have forgotten to include a smiley with that message;
Sorry, I forgot to include one myself ;-) That is why I used the word
evil with and without the quotes ('evil' vs evil).
> it was  certainly a joke.
I thought so too.
> I understand the problem well, the action I referred to as 'evil' was
> the one described by Florian. That is, to send them documents in a
> format that is open-source and doesn't force one to spend money on
> software that lets him or her read the contents - even more so because
> it's "man-readable".
ACK
>  But doing so would _still_ cause them a headache because of their
>  computer-illiteracy. (I don't blame them, I blame the company that
>  makes profit of this, so does everything to keep people illiterate.)
>  Otherwise I agree, teaching people to use standards that are
>  understood by everyone is a Good Thing. But it is useless unless they
>  realize that the statement "everyone uses Window$" is not true.

Yes I agree. Its kind of like the saying "People who know two languages
are bilingual, while people who speak one language are America". Most
folks only know one computer "language" -- Windows and are not made to
think of the rest of the options.

> PS: Nyizsnyik is my family name. I prefer my first name or my nick:
> Nyizsa. Thanks.
> --
> Szia:
>                         Nyizsa.
Its a difficult problem with all the different people from different
parts of the world, that I or anyone can one parse the email address and
or name to determine if some part of that is a 'first' name, a 'last'
name or some made up nickname. Thanks for the clarification.
Cheers,
Kev