Re: emacs manual and other missing info

Tyler wrote:
I just realised that I don't have the emacs manual installed on my laptop. I've got a desktop and an older laptop, and all three machines run etch with emacs installed. The other two have lots of info entries for emacs, including the main emacs manual. The new laptop, which was installed in late September, has a very limited selection of emacs info options:

I can't find any packages to install to give me back my emacs manual, or any of the other obscure mode manuals and other bits that appeared automatically. I've searched through the /usr/share/doc and /usr/share/info directories, and as far as I can tell the files just aren't there. Where do I get them?
(1) Go to the Debian web site, find the package search page, search for "emacs21", "xemacs21-gnome-nomule", etc., and find on the corresponding package description page a list of the files which comprise the package. Then, on your system, use "find" to search for specific file names:

   # find / -iname 'emacs-documentation-name-whatever' -print

(2) From Google search on the string "emacs manual":

  http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html

RLH