Re: argh! linux and floppies

* * * but instead are given the following lecture: "mount: i could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified". The answer, of course, is,
"it's a floppy, you stupid machine.
Mark
"

Change file type of "/dev/fd0" line in /etc/fstab from "auto" to "vfat"
I had the same problem and it worked.
("worked" - more less. About half of floppies I had was reported as faulty, but it's another story)

Thanks, that seems to help. Perhaps having it on "auto" sets up a Catch-22, wherein a floppy that needs to be formatted cannot be due to the requirement of the program having to determine the file system first (which requires that it be formatted). Or maybe not. Anyway, I've had better luck with floppies after making your suggested change; so, thanks again.

Mark