Re: Window managers-which one?

On 10/31/06, Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 03:40:48PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> Since getting into Debian I've progressed down the scale (of bloat) from
> KDE to Xfce to Enlightenment to Fluxbox.  I'm very happy now but guess I
> may get bored and try something else but fluxbox is lean mean but pretty
> functional.

I went pretty much the same way, but then one day I thought fluxbox was
kind of slow to draw menus etc... And I found openbox! It's fast, looks
just like fluxbox, except that it doesn't have the extra fluff. :-)
You may want to give it a try.

I was a long time fluxbox user, but I didn't really like the task bar.
I'd rather use something like WindowMaker, which manages windows more
like a Mac.  I used WindowMaker for a while, but it didn't work well
with all programs.  I finally found Enlightenment (pun intended).
It's very stable and has just enough fluff, in the form of user
feedback, so that it has a more solid feel than Fluxbox.