Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

David Jardine wrote:

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 03:33:23PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 10/29/06 13:37, David Jardine wrote:
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 08:07:40AM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 04:42:00AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 10/26/06 13:12, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

note: you don't have to be a user of an application in order like it ;-)
If you don't (now or at some time) use it, how do you know if you
like it or not?
People can like things for the strangest reasons.
I don't know if it's strange, but I liked debian (from what I'd read about it) before I tried it and long, long before I was really able to use it (if I can yet :( ).
You can like the *idea* of something without trying, but you don't
actually like *it*.

Yes, point taken. (Of course, you can also get to dislike things you once liked as a user.)

For example, *every* heterosexual guy on this list "likes" Scarlett
Johansson[0].  But, she might actually be a grade A bitch, and if we
ever met her, we'd hate her.

[0] If you a monk without a TV, here are some links:

We haven't got TV in our monastery...

http://www.celebvilla.com/scarlett_johansson/images/scarlett_johansson017.jpg
http://www.sexyfamouscelebs.com/scarlettjohansson/scarlettjohansson/scarlettphotos/scarlett-johansson-profile.jpg
http://netmode.com.vn/dataimages/200603/original/images919603_scarlett-johansson-golden-g.jpg

... but the abbot says thank you very much for the links.

Cheers,
David

This monk also appreciates her beauty.  Couldn't resist.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque