Re: udev

Florian Kulzer on 30/10/06 22:34, wrote:
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 22:17:27 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
Hi

I pinned udev to version 0.079.1 a while back after suffering some serious hassle with it when etch was testing.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Etch is still testing.

I'm still on etch - and synaptic claims that this is still the latest version available. Must be wrong, surely?

I am not sure how synaptic deals with package pins. What does does
"apt-cache policy udev" give you? The udev version currently in Etch is
0.100-2.

Oh is it still testing? Thought I read that it had gone stable. Maybe someone just said it was stable the adjective, rather than stable the noun.

I should remember that apt-cache policy trick.

udev:
  Installed: 0.079-1
  Candidate: 0.100-2
  Version table:
     0.100-2 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.skynet.be etch/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org etch/main Packages
 *** 0.079-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I guess it's come along way.

Is there a apt-cache cmd to show what kernel 0.100-2 depends on?

I can't really see it from showpkg

rgds
Adam