Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>> note: you don't have to be a user of an application in order like it ;-)
>
> If you don't (now or at some time) use it, how do you know if you
> like it or not?

I think of the term "be a user of" as meaning that you use something
regularly or at least occasionally.

There are many pieces of software which I've tried out (e.g. when they
show up as new packages in debian's package list), and been very
impressed by, but simply not had the need to use.

For instance, libfltk is a very elegant GUI toolkit -- which I know from
reading the docs and playing around with simple example programs -- but
I really don't do any GUI programming these days.  The next time I _do_
need to make a GUI, of course, libfltk will be one of the first things I
try (but who knows when that will be... no time... no time... :-).

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.