Re: Is there a way of updating spamassassin rules?

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:10:00 +1100
"Robert S" <robert.spam.me.senseless@gmail.com> wrote:

> I run sarge at work and gentoo at home.  On my gentoo box there is
> an "sa-update" script which updates spamassassin rules, without
> requiring that spamassassin is completely updated.  Is there an
> equivalent script that will work with sarge?
>
> I realise that there is Rules Du Jour, but I'd like to use
> something that's vaguely "official" on a work box.

Use Rules Du Jour.  It's "official" and has been supported for a
couple of years now.  Check http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

I set up a cron job to update every day using RDJ.

Debian-Volitile doesn't cover rules updates and doesn't even cover
SA updates because of configuration changes in SA for the upgrade
from Sarge.

--
Raquel
America did not invent human rights.  In a very real sense, it is