From: rds [mailto:rustydstone@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:59 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to reverse a package upgrade?

Debian / testing

Hi,

Upgraded "suversion" package to the latest in debian/testing, that is,
version:
1.4.0-5 . Once upgrade was completed, it became clear that I should have
stuck
with the old version of subversion package, the old version was version
1.3.2-5, I think.

So, now it's highly desireable to go back to the old version of the package.
tried a couple of things (see below) but aptitude says "Unable to find a
version "..." for the package "subversion"

## aptitude install  subversion=1.3.2-5+b1 --simulate --show-versions

## aptitude install  subversion=1.3.2-5 --simulate --show-versions

Is the old version of the package still available in "testing"? And if not,
is
there a way to rollback to a previous verson of the package? I'm using
aptitude
from the command line.

Thanks