Problem setting up a mirror

Hi guys,

I've attempted to set up a local Debian mirror on a server here and run into some problems. I've installed and configured the anonftpsync script as per its instructions, but when I run it the log says the following:

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)
ERROR: Help, something weird happened
mirroring /pool exited with exitcode 12

I've configured the script as follows (comment lines removed):

TO=/debian
RSYNC_HOST=ftp.debian.org
RSYNC_DIR=debian/
LOGDIR=/var/log
ARCH_EXCLUDE="alpha arm hppa hurd-i386 ia64 m68k mipsel mips s390 sparc sh"
EXCLUDE=
MAILTO=<my address>

When I tried using ftp.au.debian.org I actually get a connection refused error:

rsync: failed to connect to ftp.au.debian.org: Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(98)
ERROR: Help, something weird happened
mirroring /pool exited with exitcode 10

Can anyone shed some light on this? Have I had too much coffee and done something completely stupid?

Thanks,
Loukas