Re: xterm, mutt, emacs -nw, and utf-8

Anders Lennartsson <anders.lennartsson@foi.se> wrote:
> Thomas Dickey <dickey@saltmine.radix.net> wrote:

>> Presumably you're using the options for telling xterm to use UTF-8 encoding
>> as well.  But I don't see any details of that here, so it could be a problem.

> For xterm I use the default settings for sid|etch|sarge, no local
> changes for my user.

That's supposed to work (since the "locale" resource would make xterm detect
the UTF-8 locale, and start that way).  I seem to recall that there's some
pitfall.

(I usually use uxterm to set the locale per-shell, so I don't have to
ferret out places in /etc to make non-UTF-8 locales work for hosts such
as this one).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net