Re: Multiple firewall profiles with shorewall

On 10/29/06, Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:

[snip]

In conjunction with the above, and other advice received, would run
levels help you achieve this.  Switching to a different run level would
also enable you to shut down the services you dont want to run on the
public network fairly easily.  I'm no expert on shorewall, but maybe a
script to swap profile in the two different run levels would do it.

HTH

Wackojacko

Thanks. It's simple enough do with pre-up scripts and two different
sets of shorewall config files even without changing runlevels; I just
want to know if there's a standard method with minimal scripting and
only one set of config files using builtin shorewall functionality;
Andrei's suggestion looks promising.

Celejar