Re: Classic Gnubie accident

I can get root access thru the failsafe terminal mode, but I still don't really get what is up. if I changed the permissions as myself, why cannot reset them as myself or as root?

I don't have a cd drive, but I can boot from usb.

So far it sounds like the easiest thing is to make another user cp all the files I want and delete myself

but I figure there must be a shorter way around

On 10/29/06, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

On 10/29/06 15:57, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Ron Johnson:
>> On 10/29/06 15:21, anthony wrote:
>> And then purge xdm, gdm, kdm and log in like a Real Geek.
> Real geeks may still have their terminals running under X. :)

startx is your friend.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA