Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 10/29/06 08:51, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On 10/29/06, Ron Johnson <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > I can't wait for the completion of the project; I'd try the current
>> > version if it had sound though.
>> Yes, you *would* try it. But you haven't.
>> And if you *did* try it, you *might* think it sucks.
> The category 'unreleased' can help one to discover new, exotic
> projects. The HURD is the one I anticipate most, so I find the entry
> here worthyl.
That's advocating the theoretical. People get burned that way.
>> I honor Blender also, but how can I honestly say it's one of *my*
>> *FAVORITE* applications, if I've never used it? I might try it and
>> think it sucks.
> You got a point, only that I felt hardpressed to include it here. Do
> you mind including your list?
* audio player [ gqmpeg ]
* cd-ripper [ abcde ]
* Desktop Environment [ GNOME ]
* DBMS [ postgresql, sqlite3 ]
* development [ Python ]
* disc burner [ home-rolled script ]
* e-mail client [ tbird, mutt ]
* file manager [ Real Geeks Don't Use File Managers ]
* finance [ gnumeric ]
* ftp [ ncftp ]
* image editor [ gimp ]
* image viewer [ qiv ]
* mathematics [ bc ]
* misc utilities [ grep, top, locate, wget ]
* p2p [ freeloader ]
* package manager [ wajig ]
* pdf-reader [ acroread ]
* spreadsheet [ gnumeric ]
* terminal emulator [ rxvt ]
* text editor [ vim, gedit ]
* video player [ mplayer ]
* web browser [ firefox, links2 -g ]
* word-processor [ abiword ]
* shell [ bash ]
* games [ xnethack, gnobots2 ]
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA
Is "common sense" really valid?
For example, it is "common sense" to white-power racists that
whites are superior to blacks, and that those with brown skins
are mud people.
However, that "common sense" is obviously wrong.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----