Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

On 10/29/06, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> I can't wait for the completion of the project; I'd try the current
> version if it had sound though.

Yes, you *would* try it.  But you haven't.

And if you *did* try it, you *might* think it sucks.

The category 'unreleased' can help one to discover new, exotic
projects. The HURD is the one I anticipate most, so I find the entry
here worthyl.

>> > note: you don't have to be a user of an application in order like it
>> ;-)
>>
>> If you don't (now or at some time) use it, how do you know if you
>> like it or not?
>
> It can be a matter of perception:
> I don't use Blender, but I honour the clout that it managed to create
> for itself (Elephants Dream for example), and I often follow its
> development, and excited by its success. I plan to do so soon, once I
> have time.

I honor Blender also, but how can I honestly say it's one of *my*
*FAVORITE* applications, if I've never used it?  I might try it and
think it sucks.

You got a point, only that I felt hardpressed to include it here. Do
you mind including your list?