Re: libgphoto2-2 (sarge->sid)

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:04:45PM -0700, Gregory Bushta wrote:
From: Gregory Bushta <japanb@yahoo.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: libgphoto2-2 (sarge->sid)

Greets,
I am wondering how broken Sarge would become if I
allowed an unstable install of libgphoto2-2 to
complete.
 I changed the apt sources list from stable to
unstable.  Then ran apt-get update.  That took a
while.  Then I ran apt-get install libgphoto2-2.  It
spit out the following:
  busybox fontconfig fontconfig-config klibc-utils
libc6 libc6-dev libcairo2
  libdbus-1-3 libdbus-glib-1-2 libexif12
libfontconfig1 libfreetype6
  libglib2.0-0 libgphoto2-port0 libhal-storage1
libhal1 libklibc libltdl3
  libpango1.0-0 libpango1.0-common libselinux1
libsepol1 libusb-0.1-4
  libvolume-id0 locales lsb-base makedev
module-init-tools tzdata
Suggested packages:
  glibc-doc libfreetype6-dev ttf-thryomanes
ttf-baekmuk ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp
  ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp ttf-arphic-gkai00mp
ttf-arphic-bkai00mp
Recommended packages:
  dbus libglib2.0-data x-ttcidfont-conf
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  base-config initrd-tools kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386
kernel-image-2.6-686
  kernel-image-2.6.8-3-686
kernel-image-2.6.8-3-686-smp
  busybox fontconfig-config klibc-utils libcairo2
libdbus-1-3 libdbus-glib-1-2
  libexif12 libhal-storage1 libhal1 libklibc libltdl3
libsepol1 libvolume-id0
  lsb-base tzdata
  fontconfig libc6 libc6-dev libfontconfig1
libfreetype6 libglib2.0-0
  libgphoto2-2 libgphoto2-port0 libpango1.0-0
libpango1.0-common libselinux1
  libusb-0.1-4 locales makedev module-init-tools
15 upgraded, 15 newly installed, 6 to remove and 821
not upgraded.
Need to get 17.0MB of archives.

The part that really concerned me is the REMOVED:.  Is
this the actual Kernels being un-installed?  If so,
what's up with that?
 I said no I don't want to do this.  I changed the
sources list back to stable and ran apt-get update
again.
 Would this have been OK to do?  I kind of doubt it.
 Thanks.
Have you tried :
sudo apt-get install -t unstable libgphoto2-2
look at http://os.newsforge.com/os/04/12/02/1710208.shtml

hth
--
Gérard