Re: Petition about the Firefox trademark problem

Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Why don't they just put it in the non-free repositry?

a) It would not then be part of Debian.
b) It would still be necessary for someone to maintain it while jumping
   through all the hoops that Mozilla requires.  Any developer who wants to
   can do that at any time.

Seth Goodman writes:
> Replacing the graphics with your own and tacking on a name formulated as
> a slight is very poor press for FLOSS.

Changing the name and the graphics is necessary in order to have a
DFSG-free package (and I don't see that "Iceweasel" is a slight).
--
John Hasler