Re: Petition about the Firefox trademark problem

On 13 Oct 2006 14:53:14 +0100
Peter Westlake <news@random.uklinux.net> wrote:

> I believe that the dispute between the Mozilla Corporation and the
> Debian Project is highly damaging to both sides and to Free Software
> in general, so I have set up an online petition at
>
>   http://www.petitiononline.com/debffx/
>
> urging them to find a way to let Debian carry on distributing Firefox.
>
> Please come along and sign up!
>
> Peter.

Ok,

I can't keep my mouth shut any more,
AFAIK, the name change is not pure Debian, it is a GNU thing. So what
does it mean?
 To me it means that i can finally get a decent browser
 released under GNU, not under a proprietary license.

All the fun of the name, intentional and non-intentional puns are
funny, but not more than so.
people have a problem with "iceWeasel"? why? I believe that there are
way to many S/W engineers (not to mentiom marketing people) that are
hampered by the notion of PC.

This is a prime example of what i call a "storm in a glass of water".

I think we all should be pleased with a GNU release of a great browser,
and all of you who oppose, add "non-free" to your sources.list, or go
to ubuntu, red hat, Xandros.... the list is long. To me, Debian stands
for for freedom, freedom from oppressive licensing.

Flame me, please, i wear asbestos clothing and i eat fire for breakfast.

/Nicolaus
--
< You will triumph over your enemy. >