Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

On Thursday 26 October 2006 15:12, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Hi,
> A year ago, I asked debian-user about favourite applications. The big
> winners in that thread were GIMP, Firefox, K3b, gThumb, and
> Thunderbird. I would like to start it again, and I would like those
> who are get bored by this to please pardon me.

 * audio editor [ Audacity]
 * audio player [ Amarok, Xmms ]
 * cd-ripper [ Grip ]
 * Desktop Environment [ KDE ]
 * disc burner [ K3b ]
 * e-mail client [ Kmail ]
 * file manager [ Konqueror, command line ]
 * finance [ KMyMoney ]
 * ftp [ Konqueror ]
 * image editor [ Krita ]
 * image viewer [ Embeded in Konqueror or Krita ]
 * misc utilities [ grep, dpkg-www, lsof, top, wget, su ]
 * p2p [ Ktorrent ]
 * package manager [ apt ]
 * pdf-reader [ Kpdf or Konqueror embeded ]
 * spreadsheet [ Kspread ]
 * tag editor [ Easytag ]
 * terminal emulator [ Konsole ]
 * text editor [ Vim ]
 * video player [ Kplayer, Kaffeine, Mplayer, VLC whichever works with media
viewed ]
 * web browser [ Konqueror ]
 * word-processor [ Kwrite, Kword ]
 * desktop publishing [ Scribus ]
 * file archiver [ Ark, tar ]
 * system monitoring [ Gkrellm, lm-sensors ]
 * TV app [ XDTV ]
 * video editing/encoding/transcoding [ Avidemux, ToVid, Mencoder, FFmpeg ]
 * (great honours) [ All Apps, Utitilies, etc ... ]

As you can see I added a couple of categories.

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc