sareg to etch question

With the impending move of etch to stable, I have a question on how to do the upgrade. I am running sarge with the 2.4.25-1-386 kernel. I understand that etch requires the 2.6.x kernel. This would imply that I have a kernel upgrade in my future. Do I want to do that upgrade on sarge? Will that allow me use my package manager to do the etch upgrade by setting my source list to stable rather than sarge?

John Graves

Dynamic Devices Inc.
Wakefield, MA
email: jhgraves@ddi-wans.com

Converged wired & wireless networks for Data, Voice, & Video.
Firewalls and security products.