Re: Debian on Dell Dimension E510

On (26/10/06 09:50), Narendhran Vijayakumar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install Debian 3.1 on a Dell Dimension E510. I am facing two
> problems
> 1.) It is not detecting the ethernet card
> 2.) It is not detecting the SATA hard-drive
> Can anyone tell me, how to over come this problem

At the boot: prompt try

it will give you the option to load various modules for the installer
which could include your NIC and does include SATA.  I'm not sure, but

may do the same thing but without you having to select the necessary
modules individually.

www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business