Re: how can i see booting messages ??

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:18:38PM +0200, B_Kloss wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2006 13:29 schrieb debian:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I still have problems with my new installation.
> > There is some important information (i think) displayed just after grub
> > starts booting about the hdd, but i can't see what it is because it goes
> > to fast and it is too far up to go with CTRL-PageUP.
> > So, is there i way that i can pause or stop the messages so that i seen
> > what it is ?

Let's vary the question to one I sometimes have -- there's important
information (i think) displayed just before I get the black screen of
death, but I can't see it because it goes by too fast and CTRL-PageUP no
longer works.  Is there a way I can reboot (perhaps with a rescue
disk) and see the messages so that i can see what they were?

-- hendrik