usb disk recognised but sda missing

Hallo,

suddenly (after a reboot) my usb disk does not work anymore.

The device is recognized but no device sda is created.

# dmesg
usb 4-5: new high speed USB device using address 6
  Vendor: ST330062  Model: 2A                Rev:  0 0
SCSI device sda: 586072368 512-byte hdwr sectors (300069 MB)
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 /dev/scsi/host7/bus0/target0/lun0: p1
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi7, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 6

# l /dev/sd*
ls: /dev/sd*: No such file or directory

The disk is ok. I tested it on another system with ubuntu.

Any help is very appreciated.

Regards,
Marco