Re: kernel module static compilation: how to pass options

Stephane Durieux:

> 1 - In the case of two ethernet cards : how to
> distinguish  one from the other , more precisely to
> affect the name that I want to each (eth0,1,2 ..)
> ....kernel ether=..,..,eth0 ether=..,..,eth1 ?

If you are using sarge, I guess the best option is ifrename, if you are
using etch or sid, you should use udev. Maybe sarge's udev can do it
already, too, but I don't know.

J.
--
I want to look younger than my friends so I will fight ageing as long as
I can.