Re: nividia-glx working in etch???

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:35:55AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

   > I think that people on Etch either install the nvidia-* packages from
   > Unstable or they use the installer script from the nvidia homepage. (I
   > can only confirm that both these methods work fine on Sid since I am not
   > an Etch user myself.)

Just want to mention that I was using sarge till 10 days back and was
using nvidia drivers obtained directly. They were working well with
both X and Xorg from backports. I have now upgraded to etch, and
everything still works well.

Generally, I have found it easier to install the driver directly rather
than the deb packages.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.