Re: Petition about the Firefox trademark problem

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 14:08 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Firefox is the current front-runner for secure, stable, all-around
> good web-browsers. This is not a judgement of FF, just an
> observation. Mozilla has changed how it handles some of its IP and the
> freedom of that IP (specifically the artwork). Okay, maybe they
> haven't changed it, but they are trying to enforce it. Regardless,
> this less than free IP is not acceptable to Debian. But, Debian wants
> to include FF in its distribution for reasons listed above.

I'm probably less than sufficiently informed so don't scream at me if my
comments are brain-dead :-)

Why don't they just put it in the non-free repositry?  To me it would
make far more sense to replace the offending artwork with Debian's own,
and rather work the extra features directly back into the mozilla

While I understand the licencing issue, I don't understand why
opensource proponents always have to resort to some sort of derogatory
name for something.  Calling someone a weasel has never been a
compliment, and "ice" never has any positive connotations either.  It's
rally childish.