Re: HELP ME

Your have a few options you can try.  The easiest solution is probably to burn a set of CDs (you probably only need 1 through 5) and do a local install, leaving the solution of your network adapter problem until later.  Another solution I can think of is to borrow a PC Card ethernet adapter (common 3com models have the best chance of working) and try it for the network install.

cavallini david <cavallin@ds.unifi.it> wrote:
Dear debian community,

I tryed to install debian on my thoshiba leptop using the netinst
version dowloaded from http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ but I had the
problem with the ethernet network. My ethernet connection is: INTEL(R)
PRO/1000 PL NETWORK CONNECTION ... I must renounce to install my
preferred OS debian or there are of the solutions to such problem!

best regards

Prof. Cavallini David
Department of Statistics
University of Florence