Re: Compiling a kernel

* Tim Post (tim.post@netkinetics.net) wrote:

Hello Tim,

[snip]
> Then make your initrd if needed and tweak as needed, verify /etc/modules
> is what you want it to be and you should be good to go. Cross your
> fingers and reboot.

This makes me think.  Recently I have gotten in the habit, after
installing the kernel and all the associated parts, of running
generate-modprobe.conf to get all the modules covered.  But, it seems
that there is no modprobe.conf in Debian, and so I wonder if there is
a similar tool or method to generate the information covering the
modules?  Before I ran this I would have to really hunt around to
cover the alsa stuff and so on, and so it was a nice shortcut.

Thanks a lot,

Patrick