Re: how many USB resets per day is normal?

> How many
>    usb 3-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2's
> is normal per day for you card reader users, as seen in dmesg?
> I use udev and hal on sid.
> Resets are just normal and don't mean files are going to get
> corrupted, right? If files were going to get corrupted then cp(1) etc.
> would tell me, no?
> I note that one can reduce the number of resets if plugging indirectly
> thru a hub, or using a different laptop with the same card reader.

Out of topic: could it be power problem?
It will be good to know what hardware it
is. And relevant part of dmesg, at least.
If it lives on usb power, on battery...
If so, put cable in, connect directly as
you can and see what's goin' on.
Does it matter if you first put card into
the reader and then reader into usb port?

                       Zoran