md5sum lots of files

I have about 36 GB of files on a hard disk that I've transfered to another disk. I'd like to cksum or md5sum the files just to make sure that they were all copied well. I can't seem to find a way to recurse through the directories and do this to a lot of files. I've looked around a lot, and finding nothing I'm about to start writing my own script, but I thought I'd ask here first. It just seems like something that there would be a way to do already, and I'm just missing it.

Thanks,
- GM